Thursday 17 March 2011

New Music - Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes) and Ed Droste (Grizzly Bear) 'I'm Losing Myself' (2011)

Fleet Foxes' Robin Pecknold recently announced the impromptu mp3 release of three new solo tracks recorded recently, almost seeming to be a distraction from the news of Fleet Foxes' 'Helplessness Blues' album.

Pecknold tweeted about the new recordings, saying, “So, I recorded three acoustic songs a couple weeks ago in LA with my friend Noah…[“I’m Losing Myself”] is a duet with my friend Ed Droste from the amazing band Grizzly Bear, one is just a new solo jam, and one is a cover…These aren’t Fleet Foxes songs, but I didn’t know where else to disseminate it. Pretty mellow jams.”

'I'm Losing Myself' is a gentle, downbeat tune with no chorus, liltingly beautiful but one for a long, dark night of the soul. Ed Droste of the rather fabulous Grizzly Bear adding a subtle layer of additional harmonies.

The whole EP was available at Megaupload but seems to have been withdrawn for unspecified reasons.

Download Robin Pecknold and Ed Droste 'I'm Losing Myself' (mp3)

Fleet Foxes on Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment