Sunday 31 July 2011

My Life Story '17 Reasons Why I Love Her' (Parlophone, 1996)

My Life Story 12 Reasons Why I Love Her 17 Reasons Extended Version Parlophone Britpop Indie 1996
My Life Story's finest moment - elongated.

The original version - '12 Reasons Why I Love Her' - is a towering, (melo)dramatic piece of orchestral pop that snuck into the charts in mid-nineties under cover of Britpop. Absolute full-on heart-on-sleeve stuff from Jake Shillingford and his ensemble.

Through the excellent 'Mornington Crescent' album and singles like 'Funny Ha Ha', My Life Story built up to this statement of intent. String section stabs, thunderous drum roll intro, dramatic cello undertow, trumpet stabs, yearning vocals, no real chorus because it's pretty much all chorus.

This extended version adds a baroque intro that ratchets up the tension for when the drum roll finally drops, announcing the track and leading us into five extra reasons.

Ravishing.

Download My Life Story '17 Reasons Why I Love Her' (Indie, Britpop, mp3) (Mediafire)

No comments:

Post a Comment