Thursday 8 September 2011

Dusty Springfield 'I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face' (Phillips, 1967)

Dusty Springfield, I Just Cant Wait To See My Babys Face, Saint Etienne, St, Nothing Can Stop Us, mp3
Cute sixties pop tune that formed the basis of Saint Etienne's 'Nothing Can Stop Us'.

The opening of this Dusty Springfield album track is pretty much the blueprint for the musical backing of Saint Etienne's 'Nothing Can Stop Us'. In their early, sample-a-delic guise Messrs Stanley and Wiggs knew when they found a tune fit for stealing.

'I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face' is a pattering, gently Northern Soul-y pop tune. Dusty's clear, soulful vocal rings out, delivering a defiant lyric. The title is deliciously deceptive.

Delightful.

Download Dusty Springfield 'I Can't Wait Until I See My Baby's Face' (sixties, saint etienne mp3) (Mediafire)

No comments:

Post a Comment