Wednesday 28 December 2011

#Bestof2011 - Bombay Bicycle Club 'Shuffle' (Island)

Bombay Bicycle Club, Shuffle, Indie, mp3, 2011 Had, wrongly it seems, written BBC off as useless fops. Couldn't get this tune out of my head though.

I had Bombay Bicycle Club down as Landfill Indie but I never tire of hearing this tune with its insistent, interweaving lines and a certain stiff but mellow funkiness.

They've been talking up their love for 'Remain In Light' era Talking Heads and it makes sense given the rumbling bass, insistent groove and joyous topline.

It's begging for some great remixes, I think. It's had some not-so-great ones so far that pale next to the original. Something like the bootleg mix of 'Once In A Lifetime' (will have to dig that out and post it) might make this a dancefloor killer. Pretty great as it is though.

A wonderful surprise and one of my best of 2011 selection.

No comments:

Post a Comment