Sunday 8 January 2012

The B-52's 'Give Me Back My Man' (Island, 1980)

alternative mp3 download, The B52s, Give Me Back My Man, Island, 1980
Offbeat, new wave pop moment.

The B-52's have been responsible for some very suspect musical moments over the years but this is a gem from their early period. I was introduced to it as a b-side on one of the reissues of  'Rock Lobster'.

'Give Me Back My Man' is a real ear-worm that combines elements of new wave pop (think The Cars rather than Klaxons, Talking Heads at their most joyous, Blondie's cool older brother) but subverts them gently with random noises and adroit melodies. Cindy Wilson's vocal sits at the centre of it all, impassioned and compelling.

Download The B52s 'Give Me Back My Man' (alternative, new wave mp3) (Mediafire)

No comments:

Post a Comment