Thursday 12 January 2012

Kings Of Convenience - Manhattan Skyline (A-ha Cover) (Source, 2001)

indie mp3, Kings Of Convenience, Manhattan Skyline, Aha, Cover, Source, 2001
Great cover of the A-ha song in the sweet, intimate KoC style.

I re-discovered this when going through a box of CD singles in the loft over Christmas. Aside from being brilliant in their own songwriting, Kings Of Convenience did a nice line in b-side covers. More will surely appear here over the next few weeks...

I have to confess to loving the A-ha original - a guilty pleasure maybe, but great minor key pop nonetheless.

The interlinking of guitars and harmonies that Kings Of Convenience achieve is incredible. It's like they're whispering in your ear, so close and gentle is it. They turn the crunchy frustration of the original into a wistful soliloquy, drifting gently on the breeze.

Download Kings Of Convenience 'Manhattan Skyline (A-ha Cover)' (indie, acoustic, mp3) (Mediafire)

1 comment:

  1. Hi. Firstly, great blog. Secondly, I see over on the right you've got a link to my blog - Five Hungry Joes. I couldn't see anywhere to get in touch so I hope this comment will do. Thanks for putting up the link. I'll do the same at this end for you. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete