Thursday 15 March 2012

Prince and the Revolution - She's Always In My Hair (Paisley Park, 1985)

pop, mp3, Prince and the Revolution, Shes Always In My Hair, Paisley Park, 1985
Effortless, almost throwaway, slice of brilliant funk-pop.

Prince was probably crapping out great songs in his sleep around this time, a purple (ahem) patch that ran from the end of '1999' era to, IMHO his best album, 'Around The World In A Day'.

'She's Always In My Hair' was the b-side of 'Paisley Park' - a tight, funky piece of psychedelia-tinged pop.

Opening with a phased drum pattern, slap bass, rolling organ stabs underpinning it the track, the same basic beat runs throughout like it's a demo (it probably is), an effortlessly funky guitar wig-out, waves of Prince's vocals across the track.

Just sublime. I defy not to listen to it again and again.

Download Prince and the Revolution - She's Always In My Hair (Psychedelic funk pop, Prince mp3) (Box.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment