Tuesday 17 April 2012

Kevin Shields - City Girl (Emporer Norton, 2003)

All-too-rare appearance by MBV's Kevin Shields.

As a tribute to the scarcely credible news that, no-really-this-time-they'll-definitely-come-out, the My Bloody Valentine remasters might come out in May, here's one of the few new tracks Kevin Shields has released since 'Loveless' came out in 1991.

For two years, I used to get emails from Amazon that let me know that the latest (re)release date for the remastered version of 'Loveless' was actually fiction and, no really, the release date was now the twelth of never. Allegedly, a compilation of the Creation EPs is due out in May but, well, I'm not holding my breath and, aside from a few odds and sods, I've got these peerless tracks anyhoo.

But listening to this track from the 'Lost In Translation' and its nonchalent, laconic charm, it's hard not to hanker after something more - new or otherwise - from the guitar of Kevin Shields.

Download Kevin Shields - City Girl (Lost In Translation, My Bloody Valentine, mp3) (Divshare)

1 comment:

  1. Great work man, I am really glad to be 1 of several visitants on this awful site : D

    ReplyDelete