Friday 29 June 2012

Codeine - Kitchen (Demo) (Numero Group, 2012)

Codeine, Kitchen, Demo, Slowcore, Post Rock, Sub Pop, box set, When I See The Sun
Not-so-slow demo from the pioneering Codeine.

I am waiting with baited breath for my copy of the Codeine boxset so I can relive the slower-than-slow sounds of the groundbreaking Codeine.

Active for only a few years around the turn of the nineties, Codeine were the epitome of slowcore, glaciers forming in the space between the notes on tracks like 'Realize'. Some notable bands like Mogwai, Low, Slint and Red House Painters forming in those gaps too.

'Kitchen' is an acoustic guitar and vocal demo that whets the appetite for the box's bonus material.

Enjoy.

Download Codeine 'Kitchen (Demo)' (Slowcore, Post-Rock, Sub Pop, mp3) (via Stereogum)

1 comment:

  1. I am standing on tippy-toes waiting for the postman to bring my boxset as well

    ReplyDelete