Friday 3 June 2011

Johnny Boy 'You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve' (Vertigo, 2004) (mp3)

A record of such staggering pop bombast and brilliance that - every time I listen to it - I can't believe that it hasn't been number one since the day it was released. I know that sounds like quite a grand claim, but just listen to it, it's perfection.

Wall of Sound production. 'Be My Baby' drum intro. Swirling, swooning melody. Driving beat. Trumpets. Fireworks. Politics.

What more do you need? What more could it be possible to work into a three-minute pop record?

And I know the title is long but why didn't everyone realise that a record with title that outlandish had to me utterly, utterly amazing?

Up there with 'The Story Of The Blues' and 'Be My Baby' and 'Always On My Mind' and 'This Is What She's Like' and 'Wanna Be Starting Something' and 'Stay Together' and 'Let's Spend The Night Together' and 'Hey Ya' and 'Good Vibrations' and 'Groove Is In The Heart' and...

I could go on. Save me the bother and just listen to this record.

Download Johnny Boy 'You Are The Generation That Bought More Shoes And You Get What You Deserve' (mp3) (Box.net)

No comments:

Post a Comment